6 september 2013

Damn temperatures

Seems like it became true, a warm autumn as some predicted. Not what I had hoped for and sadly the rain doesn't feel like paying any longer visits either otherwise I'm sure that would've occasionally brought the temperatures down.
So far we've had pretty much only sun with maybe some downpour during mid day (which doesn't help a lot), and I am constantly checking the weather forecast and the thermometer for decent morning temperatures and not too high humidity, to no avail. 

The youngsters energy level is becoming hard to cope with on a daily basis, and the long walks with or without harness doesn't seem to be quite "enough" for him. On the other side he's starting to become even better at taking directional commands now, trained this a lot on our walks. I have even walked off road a couple of times zigzagging between trees, rocks and other obstacles and he's done extremely well.

Starting to realize it might become hard to enter Skanedraget in November on a competitive level, so I'm more of thinking about entering the exercise class and aim for the spring version of the same race in next year. 
It would give both me and the dogs some well needed experience to better prepare ourselves for the "real deal" later on, without feeling the pressure from competition nerves kicking in, hehe.

Shin is still being picky with food, but it seems like I've finally might have found a kibble he likes - which I combine with salmon oil, blood powder and a Swedish produced fresh dog food for hard working dogs. This to up his body weight, he is still way too skinny even if it's better compared to last year. 

Oh and yeah, usually I type in Swedish but I've decided to change this into English mainly due to the fact that it's a universal language and I've had questions from non Swedish people on what I'm writing about. It's more convenient this way :-)

1 kommentar:

  1. Låter som ett smart drag att köra motionärsklass först. Ett hett tips. Träna backar! Banan är full av ritkigt jobbiga uppförsbackar som suger musten ur de flesta.

    Lycka till med träningen!

    SvaraRadera